How to write a letter to your representative….


A few weeks ago, I read an article in a newspaper that contained fragments of a letter that the Senator James P. McGovern sent to the President of El Salvador Mauricio Funes. In that letter, the Senator was asking our president to revise some criminal cases in which are involved some pretty powerful persons. After reading that articIe, I felt compelled to inform Senator McGovern about the current situation of those cases. I sent a letter to him, and even though I did not get a reply, the feeling of happiness invaded me because I did my duty as a concern citizen.

However, it took me five days to write that letter. It was hard because I did not know how to express what I wanted to say. After some thinking, I decided to release the letter I wrote, so it can helpful to any of you out there, who clicked on my blog by mistake (or because I sent the link to you), wants to send a letter to a State Representative and do not know how to start one.
===============================================================
James P. McGovern
Member of Congress
US House of Representatives
Washington, DC

Dear Honorable James P. McGovern,

Please let me express my gratitude for dedicating time to read this letter. I would also like to express my feelings of hope that you bring by demonstrating interest in solving cases that have been covered up in the last couple of years in El Salvador. However, the hope that you are bringing to this country may fade away. Mauricio Funes committed to prosecute criminals and fight corruption. However, the people who are involved in cases like Katya Miranda and the Perrones Gang have strong influences in the Salvadoran Congress as well as in judicial system. For instance Reynerio Lazo, who is the leader of the Perrones Gang, recovered all of his properties, including money that he has in several bank accounts. On the other hand, in the Katya Miranda case, back in 1999, the majority of the evidence was reported as “lost” by the National Civilian Police. The mother of Katya Miranda fought for several years in order to clarify the dead of his daughter. However, due to constant threatening from the Miranda family, she left the country and hide in the United States, as she declared to a Salvadoran TV Station in 2003.
I am a concerned citizen of the Republic of El Salvador. The last couple of weeks, the media is again trying to cover up everything related to those cases. I kindly hope that you, honorable James P. McGovern, were able to travel to El Salvador and express your concerns to the citizens of this country and request the clarification of the cases mentioned above to the high authorities of this country.

Thank you for hearing me on this important issue.

Respectfully,
Rodolfo J. Hernandez

===============================================================

No comments

Powered by Blogger.