Elgg Community Theme Proposal

Current elgg homepage

The elgg community site needs a new design urgently. As you can see in the image above, current design is not attracting new users, and it is giving the vibe that the project is abandoned.

I already suggested on github to redesign the landing page of the elgg community site. However, I realized that not only the landing needs to be changed, but also the entire community site. So instead of just complaining, submitting issues to github or opening a discussion post in the elgg Feedback and Planning Group, I decided to start working on a proposal for the new design. I didn't want to reinventing the wheel, I used two opensource projects and integrated it with elgg. Without further due, here's the proposal:

Landing Main Banner


Landing Guide Section


Landing Resources Section
Activity Page

Profile Page


Both designs (landing page and community) are from BootstrapDash, both are under the MIT license, which means that they can be used for the elgg community.



It is still missing some features, elements, and it still has some designs from the Aalborg theme, which I used as foundation to built this theme. I don't know if this theme will be picked up or even considered, however I increased my skills with elgg, so I've got that goin' for me, which is nice.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.