Pixlr: The best free online image editor


Pixlr is labeled as the photo editor for everything, and it is true. It is not just an editor that lets you "cut and paste". It actually brings the majority of features you find in major commercial and opensource image editor for free and without leaving eating up disk space in your computer.

Most of the reviews you see around, are just bloggers that do a one-time review and then forget about the software or site. This is not the case. Ever since I started writing articles here in Blogger again, I wanted every article to have a nice image, an attractive image. Since I have little money to spend on a regular image editor, I decided to search for a free one. Gimp was out of the question, since it looks dated, and other commercial alternatives are extremely expensive. I was in a very bad situation because majority of online editors were basic (yeah I know free), but I needed a powerful free image editor just for blogs. Then I found Pixlr, and it was fast, loaded with a wide variety of image manipulation tools, with a modern look and feel, and best of all: Free.

One of the best feature it has is the ability to add image as layers, something that you cannot find in the majority of online image editors. Besides that, it allows you to save images in full quality, in any resolution for free. Check it out:

Pixlr Editor Home Screen

Editing an image with multiple layers

Since it has been a wonderful experience using Pixlr Editor, I will be getting the Pro version, which charges on a monthly basis and it is affordable. 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.