Keto: Week 0


Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com

After the holidays, I gained a lot of weight. I went from 225 to 250. Yeah I ate a lot of junk food, including a lot of bread and desserts. Now I'm paying the consequences and I decided to start the Keto diet again. In this post I will share how I started Keto

Before going grocery shopping, I had to do some research about Keto. I went to one of the best places to find out information about: The Keto Subreddit. There's a lot of information there, the community is welcoming, and you can ask anything keto-related there. I would like to point out that they RECOMMEND to see a nutritionist before starting Keto. I also RECOMMEND to visit a nutritionist first before doing a drastic diet change like this one.

That being said, I started again the One-Week Meal Plan, which helped me lose around 30 pounds before, but because I love to eat pupusas, I gained them again. Anyways, this morning I went grocery shopping to get all the things I need for the diet. Since I live in El Salvador, I decided to not only write this post, but also share a table of everything I bought, so that if you ever decide to try the One-Week Meal Plan, you know how much money you have to pay for everything.

Item Name Quantity Item Price
Bacon 1 USD $1.55
12 pack of Buffalo Chicken Chunks 1 USD $3.66
Container of Beef 1 USD $2.84
Bag of Frozen Vegetables 1 USD $13.31
Onion 1 USD $0.69
Green Pepper 2 USD $0.78
Container of Broccoli 1 USD $0.99
Napkins 1 USD $0.50
Salted Peanuts Bags 3 USD $2.10
Small plastic bags for food 1 USD $2.44
Dozen of eggs 1 USD $2.90

Total: USD $32.06

I included napkins and the plastic bags because I didn't have any of those. I strongly suggest to get the normal 2 lb clear plastic bags which costs around USD $0.60

By the way, I got the salted peanut bags (Diana brand) because it is very cheap. I suggest to rinse them to get rid of all the salt.

This is it for week 1. As of right now my weight is 250 pounds. I will be updating each week with weight information, ways to deal with anxiety, and how much money I will be saving by not dinning out.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.